We know you have many choices when choosing a Podiatrist in Merrillville, IN, so we have made requesting an appointment a simple process via our Web site. If, for any reason, you cannot keep a scheduled appointment or will be delayed, please call as soon as possible. Charges may be incurred for appointments cancelled less than 24 hours before scheduled appointment time.
We understand that the many changes in the health care system have made it quite confusing for our patients. The following are guidelines that have been established by the insurance companies to allow reimbursement for services that we provide:
- You are responsible for obtaining and bringing referrals at the time service is rendered.
- Be aware that referrals may be for one visit or more. This is clearly indicated on the referral form.
- Keep in mind that a referral may limit treatment that can be provided.
- Referrals do expire. Most are good for either sixty or ninety days. This is also indicated on the referral form.
- A consultation report will be sent to your primary care physician after the first visit and follow-up reports will be provided as necessary.
- You are responsible for your co-pay at the time treatment is rendered.
- If you do not have a referral for a visit, you are responsible for full payment.
- Primary care physicians have indicated that they cannot be called for a referral when you are already in our office. Referrals must be obtained before your visit to our office. Primary care physicians often need several days to provide you with a referral.
We are always available to help you with any questions regarding your insurance and treatment in our office. If you have a specific question about billing for services that were provided, please call Our Offices directly.
- Friendly, accommodating staff
- Prompt scheduling, same day appointments available
- Certified podiatric medical assistants
- Licensed physical therapists on staff
- Fully computerized and electronic insurance claim submission for patient convenience