Your first visit to Podiatric Medical Associates PC establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, and give you time to get to know your doctor. To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more. There's also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures. You can even save some time at your first visit by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
"We at Podiatric Medical Associates PC are dedicated to providing the quality medical and surgical services you would expect when it comes to your lower extremity needs. Our team of doctors and staff are committed to appropriate and state-of-the-art foot and ankle care."
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
What to expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
Our Patient's Bill Of Rights
As patient and physician, ours is more than a relationship, it's a partnership. To ensure that we have lived by these principles:
- A patient has the right to know what his or her illness is and what trouble it is likely to cause.
- A patient has a right to know our qualifications and experiences.
- A patient has the right to consult with other doctors without us being insulted or angry that he/she wants another opinion.
- A patient has the right to understand our fees.
- We will spend a patient's money as wisely as possible. We will look for and recommend the most cost effective way of solving our patient's problems.
- We will not recommend surgery unless the patient needs help that only surgery can provide.
- If a patient feels that we have not provided them with our best efforts, please make this known.
- We cannot guarantee results of treatment, but we can guarantee you our best efforts to treat you honestly and fairly.
- If a patient has financial problems, our office is committed to making arrangements so proper, necessary care is always provided.
Please read our Notice of Privacy Practices It describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Your privacy is important to us, so please review the notice carefully.
Office Policies Regarding Managed Care Insurance Plans
We understand that the many changes in the health care system have made it quite confusing for our patients. The following are guidelines that have been established by the insurance companies to allow reimbursement for services that we provide:
- You are responsible for obtaining and bringing referrals at the time service is rendered.
- Be aware that referrals may be for one visit or more. This is clearly indicated on the referral form.
- Keep in mind that a referral may limit treatment that can be provided.
- Referrals do expire. Most are good for either sixty or ninety days. This is also indicated on the referral form.
- A consultation report will be sent to your primary care physician after the first visit and follow-up reports will be provided as necessary.
- You are responsible for your co-pay at the time treatment is rendered.
- If you do not have a referral for a visit, you are responsible for full payment.
- Primary care physicians have indicated that they cannot be called for a referral when you are already in our office. Referrals must be obtained before your visit to our office. Primary care physicians often need several days to provide you with a referral.
We are always available to help you with any questions regarding your insurance and treatment in our office. If you have a specific question about billing for services that were provided, please call Our Offices directly.